Sunday, August 31, 2008

good times



So far, enjoying the Labor Day weekend.

Did a little partying (pool partying, that is) with the Jones' on Saturday. Caught an Angel game today followed by a BBQ with the Smith Clan, Joey's cousin Alex, and the Jones'. Joey has spent the last two nights playing video games with friends and students until the wee morning hours. The dogs have been very graciously taking turns chewing one OLD but still flavorful rib bone. Enjoyable.

No progress on the couch search. We thought we had a lead on one that looked pretty awesome, but I haven't gotten a call back yet. I think they may have gotten rid of it. Bummer! The Magic Floor still adorns our living room floor with all the comfort and nap-ablility you could imagine. 

I went to the store and came home to fill our cupboards to the brim with groceries. I love having food in the house, it feels so homey! And not just the bare essentials. Things like graham crackers, dill pickles, snack pouches of granola and best of all - cookies n' cream ice cream! You take for granted the simple things like having food in the fridge when you're growing up. I want to be the kind of mom who always has food around. Which now that I think about it is actually what a responsible mom should be anyways, but you know what I mean. I want to give my kid all those things that make the whole growing up experience so endearing and special to remember. They totally won't realize it as it's happening, but if they can look back as I can and have that fuzzy, childish feeling rush back to them when they ride a bike as an adult, or drink a slurpie on a hot day with their spouse, I will consider their young years a success. A great childhood seems to be one that you can continue to experience no matter how old you get. 

Having said that, I am off to go watch 101 Dalmations with my husband.



My husband.


Happy Labor Day!

No comments: