Sunday, October 26, 2008

2 refrigerators, no waiting



After despondently scouring Craig's List for months, it finally happened. 
Another miracle.

Why is it such a big deal that we finally got a refrigerator yesterday at a great price? Well, I'll tell you. The one we originally moved in with was too large to fit in our kitchen, so for 6 months now it has been standing awkwardly in our little living room. Trying to find another one that would fit the unusually tight space in our kitchen while staying within our small budget has been challenging to say the least. But that is all over now, friends!

You know how it's been said that everyone is born with something missing in their life; a hole in their heart if you will. And a person can only be complete and at peace again when that hole has been filled with Jesus? Now, imagine you're a kitchen; a kitchen without a refrigerator...

Yesterday, my kitchen's heart was finally filled.
She is at peace.

We still have the old fridge, standing awkwardly as ever in our confused living room, but that will be going away soon and our house will recover. 
Rehabilitation, one distressed room at a time. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. Look what I found. Another blog for people I love. There goes another large portion of my day. Reading more blogs. Really...I am stoked to see that you two are in the blog world. I am excied to get to follow along with what is new in the J&J world. Joey Got A Job! WAA HOO. They are lucky to have him.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last one was Millsy. I hit enter before signing it. Oh well, now you have 2 comments instead of one.

Megan said...

Hey! I love reading your blog too- can't believe I haven't commented yet. You are such a good writer- I have read more than one of your blogs out loud to Jason because I love your style so much. Maybe we'll see you when we're in town this weekend!