Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's fun to stay at the.......

Y.M.C.A!!

Sound the gong, roll out the barrel. Joey got the job!

First off, my apologies for posting this almost a whole week later than I should have. We got the news last Friday and since then I just haven't gotten around to making it known to the cyber-world.

He went in to fill out paperwork today. I haven't heard yet when he is starting his training, but he is now officially part of working class America again. We have never been so happy.

Here is a good example of excited Joey. 

He told me the news over the phone last week and after hanging up, I just went to the floor in thanks to God. I couldn't help it. After 6 months of looking for a job on and off, getting turned down, blown off, never called again - it feels like a miracle that he actually got hired somewhere. I wanted to yell. I think I did yell a little. We are smack dab in the middle of His mighty, loving hand! How much He loves us. How much He watches out for us and cares for us. 

We are so blessed.

In other news, Joey and I both got sick recently with small colds. I can't wait for cooler weather. The temperatures tease with each passing week. Last week it was chilly, this week it was sticky as summer with whipping hot winds knocking over trees on our street and sending easy-ups flying. And something is making the dogs curiously randy these days, Frankie tries to mount onto Rosy every chance she gets. Rosy returns the affection by chewing Frank's ankles and ears. They are a strange pair at times.


Ahh, employment. BJ's never tasted so good.


No comments: