Sunday, December 14, 2008

too long


So it's been...awhile since my last entry. Sometimes the idea of taking the time out to sit and think and type...and edit and re-read and delete words and add photos. It's just too much. And the first draft is always way more detailed than it has to be.

I wish I were more like Joey. When he tells a story, it has a beginning a middle and an end. No frills, minimal detail. The point is conveyed and life goes on. When I tell a story, you better make sure you have access to food and a comfy chair because you are going to be there for awhile. I can't help but to relate every detail. The look on her face; what they were wearing; the exact traffic setup when he cut me off; the voice she used when she told that joke; what it reminded me of; the color of the bone that my dog stole from my friends dog when we were there decorating their tree for Christmas after having dinner at someone else's house earlier that evening. See what I mean? I exhaust myself.

I would like to thank everyone who commented, emailed or otherwise about the loss of our Frankie. We appreciate your support and love. We are doing much better this week. It's hard to understand why such a thing should happen, but life is full of that. The times when I don't understand what's going on far outweigh the times when I do understand, so what else should I expect? I am okay with not understanding. It keeps me close to God and dependent on Him for peace and patience, which is always a good thing. 

I have been so looking forward to Christmas, while managing to enjoy the coming of it as well; a challenge not often accomplished. To be able to thankfully, peacefully, BE. Drink in the crisp air seasoned with chimney smoke; meander through book stores with my man, hot drink in hand; let the charm of colorful lights adorning houses, storefronts and Christmas trees bring the hum of a carol to my lips. Hearing the quiet, yet compelling voice of my Lord beckoning me to draw close to Him. To seek Him while He may be found. To seek Him first. 

In the midst of trouble He is there. In celebration, and in plenty. And though this is the leanest of Christmas' so far for Joey and I financially, I think this is the most I have enjoyed it ever before. Go figure.

I'll post again soon, cross my heart.

2 comments:

Cecedogs said...

LOL! I love your stories with all the detail. That's what makes me feel what you feel and see what you saw. Don't ever change your stories. They're the best! Christmas can be difficult but taking the time to "BE" is my key to feeling the Christmas spirit. I love Christmas. It makes me "feel" Christ and His spirit all around us.

Alison said...

Hey
Just found your blog
This is Willy...

Just wanted to say Hollah!